- Notebook or Laptop
- Desktop PC
Mobile devices, tablets and PDAs are not supported.
- 512 MB and higher
- 1GB and higher (recommended for better performance)
- Pentium 3 CPU at 733MHz (or equivalent) and higher
Operating Systems Supported:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP2 recommended)
- Windows 2000 (SP4 recommended)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2003
- Windows Server 2012
- Sun Solaris 10
- Apple Mac OS X (needs to have Safari 10 and up)
- Linux (most distro)
Web Browsers, Firewall Settings and Proxies:
Internet Network Connection:
- You can use Wi-Fi to access the labs, but this is not recommended. There are too many variables that can negatively affect the connection (reliability) of Wi-Fi. (Channel, Signal Strength, Saturation, 2.4ghz vs 5 ghz, interference. etc.)
- Dedicated 50KBps (minimum) Internet connection
- Broadband or leased line connection (recommended)
The labs are best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater. Otherwise you may experience clipping of content.
Lab Machines are configured for US English and support US QWERTY English Language Keyboards (Standard 101/102Key).
Our System Checker confirms that your system meets the minimum requirements, that communication from your location to our servers (including all "hops" in between) is efficient enough for a good user experience, and that no firewalls or proxy servers are preventing your workstation from accessing our labs.
Your system should be able to generate a "Success" status:
Run System Checker
NB: Recommended latency is 110ms or less.